Animal chiropractic is an amazing way to maximize your animal’s potential. Every cell in their body is controlled by a closed feedback loop between their brain and all of their muscles, joints and organs. When there is disruption in that feedback loop, whether it be, mechanical (repetitive movements, trauma) , emotional, or chemical (poor diet, medication side effects), it results in dysfunction, disuse, and eventually DIS-EASE. Regular chiropractic care maintains a healthy connection and enables the animal’s own body to heal itself.
Like healing a cut on your finger, your body is able to heal itself given a good connection, and enough time. Just remember though, bigger cuts often take longer to heal.
Dr. Kevin specializes in finding the dysfunctional trigger(s), and empowering your family member to heal themselves.
According to the AVCA, chiropractic care is appropriate in the treatment of:
- Post-surgical care
- Injuries from falls, slips, accidents
- Maintenance of joint and spinal health
- Muscle, nerve problem
- Event or sport injuries
- Disc, joint problem
- back, leg, tail pain
- Bowel, bladder or internal medicine disorders
Your animal should be evaluated for chiropractic care if they have:
- Difficulty getting up or down
- Compete in athletic events
- Ever been anesthetized for surgery
- Has seizures or neurological problems
- Reoccurring vomiting, infections, diarrhea or constipation
- Behavioral or mood changes
- Older than 7 years old
- Not been evaluated for chiropractic care in over 1 year.